In India, the passport is issued for the user with a validity of 10-year long period for anyone who is 18 plus. However, after the expiry of this period, people are required to renew their passport to travel abroad. But how is this done?
Well, if you do not know the answer to this question, then don’t worry because that is what we are here to help you with. So, enjoy your quick read!
How to register for the online renew process?
If your passport has expired and you want to renew it, then there is a process for that which you can follow. So, in order to get yourself registered for the renewal of the passport, follow these steps-
- First of all, register yourself at the Passport Seva Kendra.
- If you already have an account here, then log in on the website with the help of your existing ID and password after clicking on the “Existing User Link.”
- However, if you are new, then click on the “New User? Register Now” option and select the passport office that nearest to you.
- After that, enter your basic details like your name and address and create an ID and Password.
- Next, activate your account by clicking on the link that you have received in your email inbox.
- After signing in, click on the “Apply for New Passport/Re-issue of Passport.”
- Next, you will be required to fill an online form.
- After filling the form, click on the “Validate” option to save a copy. Next, to upload this form, click on “Submit.”
How to get an appointment?
After you have filled the form, you need to schedule an interview. This is how you can do it-
- Click on the “View Saved/Submitted application” option in your account.
- From there click on the “Pay and schedule an appointment” link and select a time slot.
- After that, pay the fee that may vary depending upon your type of application and the number of pages in your passport.
- After the payment is done, click on the “Print Application Receipt” option. Also, remember to carry a hard copy of this script along with you when you go for the interview.
What documents do you require for passport renewal?
In order to get your passport renewed you will have to collect certain documents to submit along with your application. Based on your age and type of passport, these documents can vary. However, the general documents include-
- First of all, you need to get your original old passport.
- You will have to get the self-attested copy of the observation page if there are any, made by the Passport Issuing Authority.
- Arrange for the self-attested copy of the validity extension page, if any.
- Along with your passport, you will have to arrange for the self-attested copies of the first and last two pages of the passport.
- You will also have to arrange for the self-attested copy of the ECR and Non-ECR page.
When you will go for the appointment, you will have to carry these documents along with you to the Passport Seva Kendra.
This is how you can get your passport renewed after its expiry date. If you still need more help to know the process, you can contact any passport agent near your location.