The passport is accepted as an identifying legal document in India. Moreover, if you want to travel abroad, then the passport is a mandatory document that you should own. Hence, it is necessary that the information that you provide on this document is up to date. So, in case you are living in India and you have recently changed your place of residence, then you should update your new address on this document. Here is how you can do it.
What is the procedure to change the address in your passport?
If you want to change the existing personal details in your passport, then you should apply for the re-issue of your passport. The process of changing the address is as below.
- First of all, log in onto the Passport Seva Website.
- Now, if you are an already registered user on the website, then click on the “Existing User? Login” option, and enter the ID and Password details of your account.
- However, if you are a New User, then click on the “New User? Register Now” option. After that, you can select the nearest passport office and fill in your personal details like your name and date of birth. Then create a login ID and Password to register.
- As soon as you do that, you will be sent a link to activate your account.
- When you will click on the link you will have to log in.
- Afterward, on the landing page, click on the “apply for fresh passport/ re-issue of passport.”
What is the fee for address change in the passport?
The fee for re-issuing your passport depends upon the passport type, the type of application that is normal or tatkal, and the number of pages in the booklet.
- So, if you are less than 15 in age and your validity is of 10 years or till the time you become 18, then the 36 pages booklet re-issue will cost you 1000 bucks for normal application and 3000 for tatkal application.
- If you are between 15-18 years old, and your validity is 5 years or till the time you become 18, then also the charges for 36 pages book will stay the same as above.
- If you are between 15 to 18 and you have 5 years of validity, then the charges for 36 pages booklet will be 1500 (normal) and 3500 (tatkal) bucks. In case, its 60 pages booklet then the charges will be 2000 (normal) and 4000 (tatkal) bucks.
- For the people who are 18 and above with 10 years of validity, the 36 pages booklet will cost 1500 and 2000 bucks for normal and tatkal applications respectively. However, for 60 pages booklet, these prices will be 2000 bucks and 4000 bucks.
What documents are required during this process?
- You will need your original passport with your old address.
- You will need a copy of your online application.
- For changing the address, you will need a copy of your payment receipt or challan receipt.
- You will need to submit the self-attested copy of the ECR/non-ECR page.
- You will need to submit a copy of the first and last page of your passport.
- You will need a present address proof like your Adhaar card, electricity bill, water bill, proof of a gas connection, telephone bill, income tax order, copy of your partner’s passport, Voter ID card, photo of the passbook of a present bank account.
- You will need to submit the self-attested copy of the page of observation if any.
- You will be required to submit a copy of the validity extension page if any.
So, this is how you can change the address in your passport. Now if you still feel any trouble to apply for address change you can go on Google and search passport agent near me, you will find many result that help in your passport related issue.